Thursday, April 30, 2009

My MAC Rose Romance haul part 3: lip products

Hey guys! Here's the third and final part of my Rose Romance review, and today I'll be covering the lip products. There were a total of 9 lippies that came out with the collection - 3 lipsticks, 3 lipglosses, and 3 see thru lip colors.

The glosses: I got Virgin Kiss and Steal My Heart. I already had Magnetique from the Little Darlings holiday collection, so that's why it's smaller than the other two. Overall, the glosses are very pretty, but in my opinion, nothing different than what we've seen before. Virgin Kiss is a sheer pale pink with lots of silver glitter. It's not very pigmented, but the extra glitter is what makes it a little different from similar colors. It's comparable to Cherry Blossom from Cult Of Cherry, or Sugartrance from Fafi. It's very pretty, but I already have so many sheer pale pink glosses. If you're just starting your lippie collection, it's a great buy. Same goes for Steal My Heart - it's a color we've seen before (Wonderstruck lustreglass) but the excess amount of glitter sets it apart slightly. It's a sheer bright pink, and is actually more pigmented than I thought it would be. On my lips, it's pretty bright. Lastly is the most unique color, Magnetique. It's a deep berry color with shimmer, but no glitter. It's very pigmented, and while I love the color, it can be a bit much on someone as pale as me.

The lipsticks: I'm going to go against popular opinion here, and say that I don't really care for the lipsticks. I ended up getting A Rose Romance and Way To Love. The third one is Odyssey, and it is part of the permanent collection. It's a dark frosty plum color, and while it's pretty, I don't wear plum lipsticks very often. (On a side note, if you want a gorgeous plum lipstick, try Plum Dandy. It's beautiful) Don't get me wrong, the lipsticks are pretty - they're just nothing that I don't have already. Again, if you're looking to expand your collection they'd be perfect. A Rose Romance is cool medium pink with gold pearl, and Way To Love is a light nude pink. I was the most disappointed in Way To Love - on my hand I loved it - it looked like the kind of color that I always reach for. On my lips was another story - it was so sheer that it didn't really show up. Again, most people seem to absolutely love these lipsticks - this is just my opinion.

The See Thru lip colors: For those of you who are unfamiliar with these, they're basically lip stains. MAC has released these once or twice before, but I never got one. This time I felt the urge to try them out. I got Loving Touch (a sheer pearly light pink) and Tender Tryst (a sheer pearly plum). I passed on Secret Crush (a translucent red berry). As the descriptions imply, Loving Touch and Tender Tryst have a pearl like finish to them, while Secret Crush is just a flat color. I have to say that I don't care for these at all, but it's not do to the colors, I just realized that I'm not a fan of lip stains. They have a thin watery consistency, and they seem to need a few layers to build up the color. I don't like how they feel on my lips - I much prefer lipstick. I just don't see myself reaching for them. The nice thing about these though is that you can layer different glosses over them to get different effects (my friend Sara loves Virgin Kiss over Tender Tryst). I'm just not feeling this product - I feel like it's just to much hassle for mediocre results.

I guess what it boils down to for me, is that my collection of lip products has gotten so large that I feel like I didn't need any of these - lesson (hopefully) learned.































































Thanks so much for stopping by - I really appreciate it. I hope you all have a great weekend - mine will be filled with baseball, movies, and family time. See ya next week junkies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment