Sunday, April 19, 2009

My top 5: Makeup Brands

Hey guys!! I wanted to make a quick list of my favorite brands of makeup, and let you know why they made the list.

#1 - MAC. I think this isn't a surprise to anyone who knows me. What's not to love about MAC? They have an amazing selection of colors - shadows, blushes, lippies, liners, you name it. They also have a huge range of foundation shades - more than any other company that I know of. They're pretty much a one stop shop for all your makeup needs. From primer to mascara, nail polish to remover, they have it all. Their back to MAC program is awesome, and no other company does anything like it - it's a win win for everyone. Their Viva Glam campaign is ground breaking, and it gives us a guilt free makeup purchase. :) Their image is cool and edgy, and there's something for everyone. They're constantly coming out with new products and collections - my wallet hates this, but I love it. My favorite thing about MAC? The fact that their products are high quality, but also affordable. Out of all the brands on my list, MAC is the cheapest.
Stand out product: their brushes

#2 - Urban Decay. UD was the second brand I fell in love with. Their fun, vibrant shades pulled me in. The packaging is too cool, and the brand just screams fun. Their primer potion is amazing, and their 24/7 liners are the best out there. They also have many palettes, which are a great way to try their products. Their shadows are extremely smooth and pigmented, and I adore their lipsticks.
Stand out product: their eye liners

#3 - Nars. I am somewhat of a Nars newbie, but my collection and love for them is growing. In my opinion, their products are the best out there, but they also come with a hefty price tag, which is their only downfall. What junkie doesn't love their Orgasm blush? It's definitely a staple in many collections. Their night series of shadows is amazing - I've never seen anything like them. Make sure you swatch their products - many of them look blah in the pan, but amazing when you swatch them. Most of their products are extremely, extremely pigmented - a little goes a long way, which means they last longer. Their product names are crazy and they like to push the envelope - Nars condoms/lip gloss combo anyone?
Stand out product: their blushes

#4 - Stila. If you haven't tried Stila's shadows, you must do so soon. I think they are the most finely milled, blendable shadows out there - great quality. Their kajal liners are amazing too - so soft and smudgable, and the best for your water line. I love their lip glazes too - they smell wonderful, and are not sticky. I hear great things about their smudge pots, but I haven't tried them yet.
Stand out product: their shadows

#5 - everyone else. I know this is a cop out, but I really couldn't pick the last one. There isn't another brand that really sticks out to me after these four, so it's going to be a combination of Bobbi Brown, Too Faced, Benefit, and Smashbox. I love Bobbi Brown's shimmerbricks, Too Faced's shadows, Benefit's lipsticks, and Smashbox's glosses.


There you have it folks, my favorite makeup brands. I'd love to hear what you think - if you agree or disagree, and what yours are. Thanks for reading junkies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment