Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My MAC Rose Romance haul part 2: eye products


Hey there guys! Today I'll be reviewing the eye products that came out with MAC's Rose Romance collection. To see my overall thoughts on the collection, please refer to part one (face products).

There were 7 eye products that came out in this collection - 5 shadows and 2 pigments. Let's start with the pigments.

Circa Plum - This was a repromoted item, which came out with the Colour Forms collection last year. I didn't pick it up then, so I did this time. It's a frosty lavender plum color with an almost grey undertone to it. It's very subtle and could be worn day or night depending on what you pair it with. It's a great color that anyone could wear. Personally, I love plummy shades so I was all over this.

Mutiny - This was also a repromoted item, and it originally came out with the Naughty Nauticals collection. Again, I didn't have it so I picked it up this time. It's a gorgeous shimmery sky blue color - a little intimidating, but I can't wait to play around with it. It's definitely an eye catching color and is a very unique shade. I think it'll be great to wear in the summer.

Of the 5 shadows that are in the collection, 3 are new and 2 are in the permanent line: Creme de Violet and Shadowy Lady. I won't focus on those - I'll cover them when I go over my permanent shadow collection. But basically Shadowy Lady is a matte blackened plum color and Creme de Violet is bright violet with lots of gold shimmer. I got all three new shadows and have had the chance to wear them all.

Silverthorn (veluxe pearl)- In my opinion, this is the must have shadow of the collection. But I might be biased because I love silvers and veluxe pearls. This is a very unique color - MAC describes it as a mid tone grey with silver pearl, but I also see hints of green and gold to it. It is smooth and pigmented, and looks great over greenstroke paint pot. I wore it the other day on the lid with Deep Truth in the crease - I was very happy with it. When I put it in my palette of greys and silvers, there's definitely nothing else like it. This junkie loves it!

Of Summer (satin) - This is probably my least favorite shadow of the three, simply because the color payoff isn't great. I also feel that satins can be a little on the chalky side - but again, that's my opinion. It's a very pale lavender color with no shimmer or glitter. I wore it in the crease today with Et Tu Boquet on the lid, and while it didn't add much color, it blended the other colors out nicely. It's not a must have, but I don't regret getting it.

Et tu, Boquet? (frost) - I know a lot of people weren't feeling this color, but I actually really like it. It's a light frosty pink with a slight gold duochrome to it. I wore it over Fresco Rose paint pot today, and I really like how it turned out. The texture of this one is a little chunky, but it didn't bother me when I used it. I really think it's a unique color and worth checking out to form your own opinion.

My must haves? Mutiny and Silverthorn. I feel that these are gorgeous, unique colors that you probably can't find dupes for. I apologize that the swatches aren't the best - it was a really cloudy day. Please click on the pics to see them better - are you sick of me saying that? If you have any questions or want me to compare something, let me know!! The lippies will be next - see you then!



























2 comments:

  1. Where can you buy mac products that aren't that expensive? I love your blog. You gave me a lot of new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One place you can check is allcosmeticswholesale.com - or you can try the sale threads on makeupgeek.com or specktra.net. Hope that helps! Thanks so much for the compliment on my blog - you seriously just made my day! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete