Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My MAC Rose Romance haul part 1: Face products







Hey junkies! If you're a MAC addict like me, I'm sure you know about the Rose Romance collection that was just released. I think it was hit or miss for most people, but for me it was a dead center hit. The colors in the collection are very soft and light - very feminine colors if that makes any sense. I'm super duper pale, so the products were almost made for someone like me. But that's not to say that those of you with darker complexions couldn't rock a lot of these colors.

There were so many different items released with this collection - lippies, shadows, beauty powders, even a brand new product - a gel blush. I ended up with a lot, so I decided to break down my haul into three parts: face, eyes, and lips. Today's post will focus on the face - here's what I got:

Just a pinch gel blush - This was a brand new item for MAC. It's a gel formula that can be used on the cheeks or lips, and it comes in a little pot like their paint pots or tender tones. I haven't used it yet - I'm planning on wearing it today - but the MUA at MAC told me that a little goes a long way. He suggested applying it by dipping the 188 brush (I've also heard you can use the 109 or your fingers), getting a little on the tips, and then almost dabbing the excess off and working it into the bristles. Then start at the apples of your cheeks and blend. Depending on how much you use/blend it out, you can get just a light flush of color or a more dramatic rosy cheek. I think this will be a great product to use in the summer. I've heard that it looks great with a little Blush of Youth beauty powder on top. The MUA also told me that there's about 70 years of use in that little jar because you need such little product for each application. On your lips it gives an almost stained effect, and I imagine that it's super moisturizing.

Blush of Youth beauty powder - The beauty powders in this collection have a gorgeous embossed rose in the powder itself - and it's pretty deep into the powder, so it should stay like that for awhile. Blush of Youth is the lightest of the two - it's a warm dusty pink color with subtle gold pearl. I was able to use it as a light blush, but even on my pale self, I had to pack it on. It might be better as a high lighter or an all over face brightener. It's not matte, but it's not glittery or shimmery either. I think glowy would be the best way to describe it - it gives a healthy sheen to your skin. It's definitely buildable depending on what effect you want.

Summer Rose beauty powder - This one is the most popular of the two, simply because it's darker and therefore more people can work with it. It's a cool violet pink - violet shades are so "in" right now. I had no problem using this as a blush, and it has the same glowy finish. It's super pretty - definitely one of my favs in the whole collection.







































Please click on the pics to see them better, and if you have any questions let me know!! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment