Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Junkie's stash: MAC paint pots

Aaah, MAC paint pots. My love for these babies has grown by leaps and bounds lately. These are cream shadows that most people use as bases under regular shadows. They are used similarly to shadesticks, but I prefer these. They are creamier and easier to apply. You can use your finger, but I prefer a brush. I've tried the 217 (which some people swear by to apply these), but for me the winner is the 242 or 252. Each delivers a precise application, and like shadesticks, a thin layer works best. If you want a more intense color, apply two thin layers. Paint pots are great for making colors more vibrant and intense, and they also make shadows last much longer. When I swatch these on my hand, I have to scrub like crazy to remove them.

My collection includes:
Artifact - burgandy with red pearl

Bare Study - soft beige with gold pearl

Blackground - black grey with mulit colored pearl

Cash Flow - green gold with gold pearl (LE)

Constructavist - metallic brown with red pearl

Deflt - deep teal with gold pearl

Girl Friendly - rich ruby fuscia with pearl

Greenstroke - mint green with gold pearl (discontinued)

Indianwood - metallic antique bronze

Moss Scape - green with gold pearl (discontinued)

Painterly - nude beige Rollickin' - aqua blue green with white pearl (LE)

Rubanesque - golden peach with gold pearl

I copied the color descriptions straight from MAC, and the only one I completely disagree with is Girl Friendly. You can judge for yourself from the swatches, but I'd describe it as a matte medium pink/mauve color.

You can purchase most of these paint pots wherever MAC is sold, and they are $16.50 USD each. A great place to find discontinued ones is allcosmeticswholesale.com.

As far as my favorites, I'd have to go with Delft, Cash Flow, Rubanesque, and Bare Study. But I love them all - it's like making me choose between my kids. Can't do it.

I am dying for MAC to introduce new paint pot colors, and I know I'm not alone. A purple one anybody? Silver? White? A girl can dream. Here are some swatches to help you decide which paint pots you need in your stash. As always, click on the pics to see them better. Until next time junkies!!






























No comments:

Post a Comment