Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Organizing the stash

Every makeup junkie I know is constantly looking for ideas on how to organize their ever growing stash. When I first started, everything was organized in containers under my sink. Then I found that I needed a traincase. Then said traincase didn't hold everything. And it was a pain to drag out. And I could never reach the items on the bottom, so I wasn't using my stash to the best of it's ability. Finally my hubby took me to Ikea, the organizing and storage super store. I found this wonderful wooden cabinet that matched our bathroom perfectly. It has 4 smaller drawers on top, followed by two larger drawers. At the bottom is the biggest drawer, which actually rolls out on casters. It has been wonderful - there is plenty of room for growth, and everything is accessible. I finally have my stash organized in a way that works for me, and I want to share it with my fellow junkies. I've had it for a few months now, and I still get butterflies when I look at it. :)

First pic: The very bottom drawer. It holds my pigment samples (organized in bead boxes), my brushes (organized in pen and pencil holders), my mirror, my large palettes, my brush cleaner, and anything else that doesn't fit somewhere else.
Second pic: This is the first of my medium sized drawers. On the left is a basket that holds all of my eyeliners and mascaras. Next to that is another basket that holds my paintpots, shadesticks, NYX jumbo pencils, etc - basically any bases. Behind that are my MAC palettes that hold my depotted Urban Decay shadows.
Third pic: This is my "face drawer". It holds any foundations, concealers, powders, blushes, hi lighters, etc. It's all a jumble in there, but that's how I like it. This drawer makes me happy.
Fourth pic: Here is the first of the four smaller drawers. It holds my MAC premade quads and palettes, MAC pigments, and MAC mineralized shadows.
Fifth pic: This is where my palettes from all other brands go.
Sixth pic: This is my miscellaneous drawer. It holds my lashes, perfume, some nail polish, my hair stuff, my old BE foundations, and my eyelash curlers. And I can't seem to part with the box from my Kitty Kouture dazzleglass so it's in there too.
Seventh pic: This is where all my single shadows are. My MAC single shadows are depotted in palettes, but that's another post.
Eighth pic: Here is a picture of the whole schabang. Isn't it beautiful??
If you guys have any questions, or want to see something close-up, let me know! Later Junkies!!






































No comments:

Post a Comment