Monday, April 20, 2009

The Junkie's stash: Urban Decay lipsticks

Hello again to my 4 followers! :) I hope you're having a good Wednesday, or hump day as we like to call it. Today I wanted to swatch my Urban Decay lipsticks for you guys. I think UD is best know for it's other products: shadows, liners, and primer potion to name a few. But I have to say that their lipsticks are my absolute favorite that I've tried. First off, I *love* the packaging. It is too cool - what other lipstick do you pull out with a tiny dagger?? The base is purple metallic, and the clear plastic cover is covered in purple swirls. When you twist the tube to get the product, the lipstick itself has a tiny dagger and the words Urban Decay imprinted into it. They're really high quality, you just have to check them out for yourself.

The actual formula of these lipsticks is a dream - creamy, pigmented, and long lasting. The finish of these varies from color to color, and the website does a good job of describing them. Some are more sheer, others have glitter, etc. There are a good amount of colors to choose from, and many of the names are really clever.

The only downside to these is the price - $22 each. When I bought my first one (Rush), I immediately regretted it. Then I got home and tried it - and the regret was quickly forgotten. Rush is my all time second favorite lipstick - I absolutely adore it. The formula of this one in particular is amazing. It's a nude color that I think would look great on anyone. It's perfection in a tube!!

The two that I swatched on the bottom are actually deluxe samples that UD sent me when I placed online orders. These are so cute - they're exactly like mini lipsticks - you take the top off and swivel the bottom to bring the lipstick up. They're definitely a great free gift with purchase.

My collection includes:
#1 Rush - a sheer creamy neutral pink with no sparkle
#2 Voo Doo - a full coverage dark pink with a glossy finish
#3 Trainwreck - a full coverage fuchsia with a glossy finish
#4 Midnight Cowboy - a sheer beige with shimmer
#5 Wanted - a sheer creamy warm berry with no sparkle
#6 Gash - a full coverage blood red with a glossy finish
#7 Sellout - a creamy full coverage warm neutral

On to the swatches - remember that you can click on the pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment