Friday, May 15, 2009

My most extravagent makeup purchase: Dior Electric Lights quint

Is everyone as happy as me that it's Friday?? I hope so! I thought it would be fun to share my most expensive makeup purchase to date: my Dior quint in Electric Lights.

This is a fairly new purchase for me, and I knew I had to have it after seeing swatches on Temptalia.com. I thought the bright blues would be great for summer. There are five shades, and in my opinion, the standout is the one in the middle. It's a gorgeous deep blue purple color - pretty unique. My main complaint are the other four shades - when on, the lightest two look too similar, as do the medium two. There isn't much difference - it's almost like you're getting three colors instead of five. I hope that makes sense. The colors themselves are all super frosty, smooth, and pigmented. The palette comes with two dual ended sponge tip applicators, and there's a nice mirror on the inside. The price for this was $56, and I got mine from Sephora.

Overall, I wouldn't say that this will be my last Dior purchase, but it'll take some super gorgeous unique colors to pull me in.

Have a great weekend everyone!!






3 comments:

  1. I wanted to get this.. but i know ill never use it!...BUT I WANT IT!! Ahhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Another Makeup Junkie!:)
    ohhh this palette is gorgeous! It's crazy but I've actually never purchased anything from Dior! Need to try their shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh, this one is so beautiful! I bet there will be some pretty looks coming with is!
    I am a new follower, I am glad I found your blog!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete