Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Kat Von D Gypsy palette

















Hey guys! Today I'm going to swatch and review the new Kat Von D Gypsy palette. This is a limited edition item, and is available at Sephora for $34 - not a bad price for eight colors.

The compact itself is really cute - I love the design on the front. It reminds me of an anime cartoon or comic. It's really sturdy and on the inside is a nice, big mirror. It also comes with two small brushes that I really can't find anything nice to say about.

Inside are eight colors. They are (from left to right):

Luficer: A matte black - nothing special
Stryker: basically this is Club shadow by MAC or Lounge by Urban Decay - a reddish brown with green duochrome. A really cool color if you don't have something similar already
Frankie: A really pretty, wearable plum color.
Hawkwind: This is a really cool color. In the pan, it looks white. Swatched, it's a frosty white with major green/gold iridescence. It's kinda like a really kicked up version of MAC's Vex. It's really unique.
Brass Knuckles: This one is a cream shadow - I have no idea why they decided to put it in this palette. It's a super frosty light gold/yellow color, and I bet that it would work as a shadow or base. It's really thick and sticky, so I'm thinking a thin layer would be the best way to go. The color is great, I'm just not feeling the formula.
Birdcage: This is a light, shimmery yellow/green color. It's really pretty.
Ego Sum: This is maybe my favorite color in the palette. It's a super frosty medium green with a subtle golden sheen. Love it!
Gunner: This is a dark green with a good amount of glitter - not too much, but it's definitely noticeable.

All of the descriptions and swatches follow in the order of the palette from left to right, and the pictures are all clickable so that you can see them better.

Overall, I really love this palette. I think it'll be great for summer, and you could get so many looks out of it. The shadows are soft and pigmented, and it's a great deal. It's definitely worth checking out!

























No comments:

Post a Comment